Join & Fold Edging Foot w/IDT™
Use the Join and Fold Edging Foot together with different types of edging, such as lace, embroidered edging or varying fabrics and the beautiful PFAFF® 9mm stitches to create beautiful edgings. Make lingerie in a snap, add lace to create beautiful handkerchiefs or delicate table toppers.
This foot will easily guide the edging and the base fabric through the openings in the front of the foot, fold the base fabric and simultaneously sew the edging in place.
1. Thread your machine with regular sewing or decorative thread through the needle
and regular sewing thread in the bobbin.
2. Select the stitch you would like to use. For example: the edging could be sewn onto
the base fabric using a straight stitch and a 4mm twin needle or a right justified wide
Note: Decorative stitches that use forward motion work best.
(Avoid stitches with too much backward motion.)
3. Fold a ¼” (6mm) hem of base fabric to the wrong side, finger press or iron.
4. Insert the folded edge of base fabric with the right side up into the left fabric guide
and the edging (right side up) into the right guide and slide the folded fabric edge
and the edging into the foot, prior to attaching the foot onto the sewing machine.
5. Make sure the base fabric and the edging slide easily through the openings.
Note: Lightweight but stable fabrics and edging work best.
6. Snap on the Join and Fold Edging Foot to the sewing machine.
7.Engage IDT ™
8.Sew carefully, not too fast.
If your machine has a speed control, reduce the sewing speed to easily guide the
fabric and edging as you sew. Hold the fabric in your left hand and the edging in
your right hand and sew